Sunday, April 7, 2013

Chapter Twenty


Khushi looked into his eyes. "What?"

Arnav sat up and looked away.

"Arnav?" She tried to sit up as well, but Arnav stopped her.

"Khushi what are you doing? Lie down."

She shook her head, but Arnav wouldn't allow her up.

"Khushi, you need to relax."

"Fine, but what do you want to tell me?"

Arnav sighed and leaned closer to her and held her to him, holding her tightly by her waist.

"Khushi, I haven't been very honest with you," he whispered.

"What do you mean?"

"Khushi I...." He sighed.

Khushi caressed his face and turned his face towards hers. "Go on."

"I..." He took a deep breath. "I lied."

Khushi scrunched her eyebrows.

"I've lied about certain things with you."

"Like?"

"Like AR? That's not my fathers company."

"It isn't?"

"No, it's not. It's my company."

"Your company?" Khushi felt confused.

"Yeah, my company. I started off that business with the help of my fathers money. From a just a small business, it has expanded out throughout the world."

"Wow. That's incredible."

Arnav shrugged. "I focused on my business. I didn't care about anything else, just that. I became the dominating business man, cutting off many companies and making them fall, even into bankruptcy."

"That's kinda... ruthless."

"Yeah.... Anyways, I was so focused into my business, that marriage was out of my head. My parents kept asking me too, but I wouldn't accept."

"But then you did?"

"Only because my father had taken my company."

"Meaning?"

"He seized my company, so I wasn't CEO anymore. He took over and said that in order for me to get my company back, I have to get married."

Khushi looked down.

"So I married only for my company."

So he wasn't committed for our marriage, Khushi thought in her head.

"I begged Di to get me out of it but she yelled back at me instead. She was on my parents side and she wanted me to get married." He sighed. "So I agreed, only to get my company back. I didn't care about anything else. I didn't want to get married. I didn't even want to meet you, let alone marry you."

It hurt Khushi, realizing that Arnav never cared. He didn't want any of this. He just did it for his benefit, his company - himself. He didn't want her. He didn't want to meet her.

Tears swelled in her eyes.

Arnav looked at her and saw her eyes swelling with tears. Khushi looked side to side and made her tears go away.

"Khushi, I'm sorry-"

"No. It's okay. I understand."

"But Khushi I-"

"It's okay Arnav. Really." She looked at the alarm clock. "It's getting late. You should sleep."

Khushi turned and turned off her bedside lamp and shut her eyes. Arnav just looked at her and understood that she was hurt. Approaching her now would only mean her diverting the topic. So Arnav decided not to say anything and would talk to her in the morning.

Arnav turned off his bedside lamp and lifted the duvet over him. He snuggled into Khushi and held her around her waist and nuzzled into her hair. Khushi didn't react and stayed still. Arnav knew she was hurt so it was obvious she wouldn't snuggle into him.

"I love you Khushi," he whispered, trying.

But Khushi said nothing, her asleep.

16 comments:

  1. Truth hurts...
    But he loves her now... she just needs time she'll come around...he should make her see that he loves her now...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh so Arnav married khushi only to get back his business. Do update soon. Don't take month's time to update plssssssss

    ReplyDelete
  3. So.,this is the truth why he marry her....,
    hmmmm,but it was short update.
    IF name :- Kinu22

    ReplyDelete
  4. awwee....that was a nice update

    but i never expected that from Arnav

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG!

    Finally the ruthless truth is out!

    Continue soon Tami!

    Love

    Mrina

    ReplyDelete
  6. well main thig is this now they both love each other so y khushi feeling hurt

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh....can khushi believe now that he love her ...if he care he will have to win her trust back

    ReplyDelete
  8. awww he told her the truth, which was nice but ofc she isn't feeling too good now :/

    ReplyDelete
  9. but now he loves her then what is the matter

    ReplyDelete
  10. nice update !!! he told her the truth that's nice of Arnav he felt he shouldn't keep her in dark hope he is in love with Khushi now... Khushi is sad, hope she doesn't take it to her heart and do something inappropriate..

    thanks for pm

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome update pleased he told the truth just hope he tells her how he feels about her soon

    ReplyDelete
  12. khushi is badly hurt. i hope this misundersatanding doesn't extends long and arnav confesses his love for khushi

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awww..That's hurt but Arnav do love her now & she need some time to digest the truth & im sure she wil come over it....

    ReplyDelete
  14. But now he loves her.....That should matter....Not the past...

    ReplyDelete